Applications are invited from qualified and experienced personnel for this position reporting to the Marketing Manager and based at Level 7 BSP Life Centre.
The role is responsible for building and maintaining a positive public profile for BSP Life ensuring it remains at top of mind positioning by developing and managing an effective communication and content management plan. The Communication Officer will work to achieve the Marketing ambition to make life and health insurance a topic of conversation.
- Handle all public relations for the businesses (channels and products) to ensure maximum and positive exposure. This includes developing and maintaining strong relationships with the media and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Handle all marketing communications matters for the businesses ensuring compliance requirements and standards are met.
- Work with the HR department to gather information, write articles and compile the BSP Life Way weekly newsletter. This includes keeping abreast of all events and activities within BSP Life's businesses, BSP Life's social involvements and through the Sponsorship and Events Officer.
- Write and issue interesting and informative short articles to a staff audience informing them about developments and activities of the businesses in parallel to the media releases.
- Provide formal weekly and monthly reports on work flows, operational matters, issues arising, project involvement and progress to Manager Marketing.
- Manage expenditure against budgets.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Tertiary qualified with business, marketing or an English related degree.
- Minimum 5 years in Communications, Brand and/or channel campaign development and management experience.
- Previous marketing/marketing communications experience or public relations experience.
- Strong written and verbal English skills (ILETS 7+).
- Marketing based degree augmented by English courses.
- Understanding of financial services and products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Time management and planning skills.
- Attention to detail ("finishing focus").
- Ability to interact with customers at all levels.
- Entrepreneurial - must have a strong sense of urgency and the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities effectively.
- Ability to visualise ideas and concepts for the creation of advertising campaigns and promotions.
- Creative thinking and copy writing skills.
- Valid driving license and clean driving record.
- Creative and energetic
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on time
- Team player
- Demonstrated clear thinking abilities and responsiveness
- Punctual and ability to work on weekends.
This is a demanding yet satisfying role within a growing organisation and an appropriate salary package will be negotiated to secure a high calibre candidate.
Applications including detailed CVs should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or
addressed as follows: -
The Head of Human Resources
BSP Life (Fiji) Limited
Level 7 BSP Life Centre
Private Mail Bag
Applications close at 4pm on Wednesday 4th December