The purpose of the role is to assist the Manager Product Development in all product related matters including the design, development and management of products as well as to ensure continued compliance in accordance with legislative requirements and BSP Life's Vision, Mission and Values.
- Understand the Product Development process and assist in the development and management of products for market viability.
- Draft and assist with Product Documentations.
- Assist with Product Development Projects throughout the entire process from concept to post implementation.
- Prepare monthly Product Report and ensure it is submitted in a timely manner.
- Conduct regular monitoring of market conditions likely to impact on the performance of BSP's product portfolio in order to anticipate changes and develop proactive strategies.
- Maintain up to date information of product performance, competitor positioning and market movements.
- Analyse customer needs through research and analysis of market data.
- Assess the competition by comparing products and analyse the market gap and trends.
- Conduct Customer Profiling and Segmentation.
10. Identify opportunities for Product Improvements and Innovation.
11. Provide support and collaborate with colleagues, managers, head of departments and insurance sales advisors on product related matters and activities.
12. Provide appropriate analysis and recommendations on product related matters.
13. Assist on management of key projects as and when required.
14. Undertake other duties assigned by the Manager Product Development.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Tertiary qualified in Marketing, Economics, Mathematics, Business Administration or a related discipline with a minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar position.
- General understanding of life and medical insurance products and competitor activity.
- Analytical, data mining, documentation skills.
- Proficient in Oral & Written English.
- Basic skills in Compliance/Legislation.
- Intermediate skills in Computing/Information Technology.
- Intermediate skills in Industry Knowledge.
- Intermediate skills in Numeracy/Finance.
- Intermediate skills in Project Management.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think conceptually.
- Commitment to quality and superior service delivery.
- Professional and result oriented with ability to work under pressure and without any supervision to meet deadlines.
- Loyal and willing to walk the extra mile.
- Good planning, time management and organizing ability.
- Self-motivated, proactive, logical thinker.
- Efficient with an eye for detail.
- Must have the ability to identify key issues and provide appropriate recommendation and solution to the business.
- Customer Centricity
- Planning and Organising
- Building Rapport
- Communication (Verbal and Written)
- Results Orientation
- Quality Focus
- Problem Analysis and Solving
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
This is a demanding yet satisfying role within a growing organization and an appropriate salary package will be negotiated to secure a high caliber candidate.
Applications including detailed CVs, transcripts and referees should be emailed to email@example.com
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 7 February 2020 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.