Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for the above position reporting to the Assistant Manager Finance and based at Level 5 BSP Life Centre, Thomson Street, Suva.
This person will support the Senior Accountants and Assistant Manager Finance in carrying out the financial reporting function for BSP Life (Fiji) Limited and BSP Health Care (Fiji) Limited including preparation of consolidated financial accounts, driving annual company budgets, performing General Ledger Reconciliations, doing statutory reporting, detailed expenditure analyses & reporting and management of the Fixed Asset Register.
- Assist in the preparation of BSP Life's Group monthly accounts and ensure it is provided to management in a timely manner.
- Prepare BSP Life's Group monthly management reports, quarterly board reports and statutory reporting to Reserve Bank of Fiji as well as prepare adhoc reports for BSP PNG.
- Ensure assigned GL reconciliations are completed within agreed upon timelines. Review reconciliations from other departments and compile outstanding issues for escalation to Operational Risk and higher management, and conduct data integrity meetings with respective departments to discuss on any business issues.
- Review and assist with Expense Analysis for assigned cost centres and provide reports to stakeholders on a timely basis. Also ensure monthly meetings are conducted to assist departments with their queries and initiate Cost Conscious Culture across the company.
- Prepare quarterly and annual returns and other disclosures to RBF for BSP Life Group in a timely manner.
- Drive the preparation of annual budgets for BSP Life Group. Also assist in preparing of the forecasts for each quarter or as directed by higher management.
- Assist in preparation of tax returns and handle taxation matters for the Group to ensure timely lodgement of returns to FRCS.
- Assist with preparation of half yearly and yearly consolidated financial accounts within the set time frame and ensure they are in compliance with International Accounting Standards and other regulations.
- Assist with half year and annual reviews by External Auditors and also assist in preparation of the consolidated financial accounts.
- Assist in preparation of the monthly consolidation for BSP Life Group and other monthly head office reports within the set time frame.
- Develop and update/review Finance policies and procedures to ensure they are up to date at all times.
- Assist the Senior Accountants in the management of the reinsurance process.
- Ensure appropriate management of BSP Life's Fixed Assets Register to ensure records are properly recorded and reported to the Management of the Group.
- Assist in coordinating of all general insurance matters for BSP Life Group. This involves liaising with brokers, arranging renewals, assistance with submitting claims through brokers and act as central resource point for all enquiries.
- Assist in the management of the Group's chart of accounts and general ledger accounts.
- Assist in any adhoc task assigned by the Assistant Manager Finance, Manager Finance & Accounting Operations, Financial Controller or the Chief Financial Officer
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- A Degree in Accounting and/or Finance with at least 2 years' relevant practical experience in preparing financial reports to International Accounting standards and Companies Act and Management;
- Member of FIA or other internationally recognised accounting body;
- Highly analytical with the ability to resolve problems efficiently;
- Strong accounting and administrative / analytical skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimum supervision;
- Strong Numeracy /Financial technical skills.;
- Intermediate technical skills in Compliance/Legislation;
- Proficient in General/Desktop Microsoft Applications;
- Insurance Accounting experience is an advantage but not compulsory;
- Good command of spoken and written English, especially in report writing; and
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
This is a demanding yet satisfying role within a growing organization and an appropriate salary package will be negotiated to secure a high calibre candidate.
Applications including transcripts and detailed CVs should be marked addressed as follows:-
"Accountant - Financial Reporting"
The Head of Human Resources
BSP Life (Fiji) Limited
Level 7 BSP Life Centre
Private Mail Bag
Applications may also be emailed to email@example.com.
Applications close at 4:00pm on Friday 19 April 2019 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.