Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for the above position reporting to the Manager Investment Accounting and based at Level 5 BSP Life Centre, Thomson Street, Suva.
This person will support the Manager Investment Accounting in carrying out the investment and property accounting function for BSP Life (Fiji) Limited and BSP Health Care (Fiji) Limited including preparation of monthly investment management reports, driving investment income budgets, performing General Ledger Reconciliations, doing statutory reporting and management of the Fixed Asset Register.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Ensure BSP Life Group's monthly investment related accounts are completed and provided to management in a timely manner for review. This also includes doing management reporting for EXCO, BSP PNG and statutory reporting to RBF.
- Ensure assigned GL reconciliations are completed within agreed timelines. Any discrepancy is to be reported to the Manager Investment Accounting and ensure RAF is sent on a monthly basis.
- Ensure proper and accurate record keeping of all Investment assets and securities for BSP Life Group.
- Assist Manager Investment Accounting in managing the property accounting function for Suva Private Hospital and Suva Central Limited. This includes (but not limited to) doing monthly management reports, managing the daily AR and AP functions of these companies, doing monthly VAT and Provisional Tax return lodgement, doing cash flow forecast, annual budgets, doing annual tax return lodgements, preparing the financial statement and managing the external audits.
- Ensure allocated journals are processed accurately into the General Ledger on a monthly basis.
- Provide support to Investment division (Investment Analyst) with information to complete half-year and annual valuations of all private equities. Also ensure investment board reports are completed within the timeframe.
- Ensure appropriate management of BSP Life's Fixed Assets Register (FAR) to ensure records are properly recorded and reported to the Management of the Group. Also ensure that BSP Life tax FAR is maintained on a monthly basis.
- Drive the preparation of Investment and Properties operational expense and revenue budgets on annual basis. Also prepare forecast for each quarter or as directed by higher management. Ensure that the detailed investment revenue budget incorporates all the investment strategies and are inline with the mandate.
- Assist Financial Reporting department to complete BSP Life Group's half year and annual consolidated financial reporting and assist in compiling annual tax returns for BSP Life and BSP Health.
- Manage the chart of accounts and other accounting modules on Timberline.
- Assist the Manager Investment Accounting in managing general insurance matters for BSP Life Group. This involves liaising with brokers, arranging renewals, assistance with submitting claims through brokers and act as central resource point for all enquiries.
- Manage the internal and external audit of the department.
- Develop and update/review departmental policies and procedures to ensure they are up to date at all times.
- Assist in any adhoc task assigned by the Manager Investment Accounting, Financial Controller or the Chief Financial Officer.
- A Degree in Accounting and/or Finance with at least 2 years relevant practical work experience in a related financial / accounting roles;
- Member of FIA or other internationally recognised accounting body;
- Intermediate technical skills in Industry Knowledge;
- Intermediate Numeracy /Financial technical skills;
- Intermediate technical skills in Compliance/Legislation;
- Good planning skills, time management and organizing ability;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This is a demanding yet satisfying role within a growing organization and an appropriate salary package will be negotiated to secure a high caliber candidate.
Applications including detailed CVs should be marked addressed as follows:-
"Accountant - Investment Accounting"
The Head of Human Resources
BSP Life (Fiji) Limited
Level 7 BSP Life Centre
Private Mail Bag
Applications may also be emailed to email@example.com
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 22 February 2019.