Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for the above positions reporting to the Manager Facilities based at Level 5 BSP Life Centre, Thomson Street, Suva.
The key functions of the role are to:
- be responsible for the smooth continuous operation, repairs and maintenance of all properties owned and managed by BSP Life;
- liaise with all contractors and ensure all works carried out by the contractors are in line with statutory regulations and meet appropriate standards and within reasonable costs.
- Ensure that all plant/equipment/fittings/systems comply with regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that the schedule of required inspections and programmed maintenance is carried out.
- Log record of defects/faults discovered during an inspection and taking corrective action to remedy the problem.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Formal technical qualification in a building related discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulics & Carpentry) with 5 or more years' experience.
- Sound understanding of industry practice, OHS and building code requirements relating to various trade disciplines.
- Knowledge in all areas of building services and fabrics.
- Able to troubleshoot, devise and implement remedial actions pertaining to tools, plants and equipment.
- Able to read and interpret complex technical drawings, building schematics and 'as building' drawing.
- Sound knowledge in BMS ,CCTV, PLC ,security access systems and electronics
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient skills in planning and negotiation.
- Committed to forward planning and good organising skills.
This is a demanding yet satisfying role within a growing organization and an appropriate salary package will be negotiated to secure a high caliber candidate.
Applications including detailed CVs and transcripts should be addressed as follows:-
The Head of Human Resources
BSP Life (Fiji) Limited
Level 7 BSP Life Centre
Private Mail Bag
Applications may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 11 May 2018.