Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced staff for the above position reporting to the Business Applications Support Manager based at Level 5 BSP Life Centre.
The Business Support Analyst will provide efficient ongoing support to BSP Life's Business Units for all its operational system needs, facilitate new requests put forward and involving new development or maintenance in the current system.
- Understand, log and investigate system applications issues and liaise with relevant Business Units in the successful development of newly required processes necessary to solve identified business needs or problems.
- Able to identify user needs and submit proposals with appropriate functional specifications required for adoption/changes to current and/or new systems, processes and rules with the objective of improving business efficiency, productivity, effectiveness and/or costs to ensure delivery of best services to customers.
- Investigate requests or identified needs for business enhancements and have the ability to identify and develop the business capabilities to effect the required system enhancements or modifications including submitting the best-fit recommendations/solutions.
- Maintain and update system applications and user/business guide documentation, all business operations procedures and rules and assist in the training of users.
- Support the departments' operational and service activities and act as a consultative communicator of insurance and related business systems functionality and operational procedures where required.
- Develop user acceptance testing requirements, test case outlines and assist in timely planning, organizing and coordination of all resources and test/live environment including guiding and leading users in successfully performing acceptance testing, and ensuring its accuracy in line with the defined requirements / specifications.
- Provide end user training for system enhancements and process changes including preparing the training materials.
- Perform system administration tasks and/or database administration tasks.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- A degree in Business Studies, Commerce, Information Systems Management, Business Computing or Information Technology discipline;
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a Business Analyst role in a financial service industry;
- Adequate knowledge in formal Project Management Methodology and principles.
- Intermediate skills in MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, Visio, Project and Access
- Adequate knowledge in accounting procedures, processes and principles.
- Basic technical skills in Numeracy/Financial.
- Basic technical skills in Risk Management.
- Customer Centricity
- Quality Focus
- Planning & Organising
- Commercial Awareness
- Commitment to Learning
Have a sound understanding and application of BSP Life's Values.
This is a demanding yet satisfying role within a growing organisation and an appropriate remuneration package will be negotiated to secure a high calibre candidate.
Applications including detailed CVs, transcripts and references should be marked addressed as follows:-
"Business Support Analyst"
The Head of Human Resources
BSP Life (Fiji) Limited
Level 7 BSP Life Centre
Private Mail Bag
Applications close at 4:00pm on Wednesday 7 August 2019