invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for the above
position reporting to the Assistant Manager Finance and based at Level 5 BSP
Life Centre, Thomson Street, Suva.
This person will support the Assistant Manager Finance in carrying out
the financial reporting function for BSP Life (Fiji) Limited and BSP Health
Care (Fiji) Limited including preparation of consolidated financial accounts, driving
annual company budgets, performing General Ledger Reconciliations, doing
statutory reporting, detailed expenditure analyses & reporting and
management of the Fixed Asset Register.
- Assist in the
preparation of BSP Life Group's monthly accounts and ensure it is provided to management
(AMF/MF&AO/FC/CFO) in a timely manner.
- Assist in preparing BSP
Life Group's monthly management reports, quarterly board reports and statutory
reporting to Reserve Bank of Fiji (RBF). Also prepare ad hoc reports for BSP
- Ensure assigned GL
reconciliations are completed within agreed upon timelines. Review reconciliations
from other departments and compile outstanding issues for escalation to
Operational Risk and higher management (AMF/MF&AO/FC/CFO). Also conduct
data integrity meetings with respective departments to discuss on any business
- Prepare Expense Analysis for assigned cost centres and provide reports
to stakeholders on a timely basis. Also ensure monthly meetings are conducted
to assist departments with their queries. Initiate Cost Conscious Culture
across the company.
- Prepare quarterly, annual returns and other disclosures to RBF for BSP
Life Group in a timely manner.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets for BSP Life Group. Also
assist in preparing of the forecasts for each quarter or as directed by higher
- Assist in preparation of tax returns and handle taxation matters for the
Group to ensure timely lodgment of returns to FRCA.
- Assist with preparation of half yearly and yearly consolidated financial
accounts within the set time frame and ensure they are in compliance with International
Accounting Standards and other regulations.
- Assist with half year and annual reviews by External Auditors and also
assist in preparation of the consolidated financial accounts.
- Assist in preparation of the monthly consolidation for BSP Life Group
and other monthly head office reports within the set time frame.
- Assist to develop and update/review Finance policies and procedures to
ensure they are up to date at all times.
- Assist the Senior Accountant in the management of the reinsurance
- Ensure appropriate management of BSP Life's Fixed Assets Register to
ensure records are properly recorded and reported to the Management of the
- Assist in the management of the Group's chart of accounts and general
- Assist in any ad hoc task assigned by the Senior Accountants, Assistant Manager
Finance, Manager Finance & Operations, Financial Controller or the Chief
Knowledge, Skills and
- A Degree in Accounting and/or Finance with at
least one year of relevant practical experience in preparing financial reports
to International Accounting standards and Companies Act and Management;
- Member of FIA or other internationally
recognised accounting body;
- Intermediate technical skills in Industry
- Intermediate Numeracy /Financial technical
- Intermediate technical skills in
- Good planning skills, time management and
- Excellent interpersonal and communication
This is a demanding yet satisfying role within a growing organization
and an appropriate salary package will be negotiated to secure a high caliber
including detailed CVs should be marked addressed as follows:-
"Graduate Accountant - Financial Reporting"
The Head of Human Resources
BSP Life (Fiji) Limited
Level 7 BSP Life Centre
Private Mail Bag
may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
close at 4pm on Friday 01 March 2019