Manager Finance & Accounting Operations
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for the above position reporting to the Financial Controller and based at Level 6 BSP Life Centre, Thomson Street, Suva.
This person will be responsible for the financial reporting and accounting operations functions for BSP Life (Fiji) Limited and BSP Health Care (Fiji) Limited including the review of consolidated financial accounts, managing the budgeting process, managing the audit process, statutory reporting, maintaining the chart of accounts, general ledger reconciliations, management of the fixed asset register and overseeing the payment functions.
- Manage BSP Life Group's monthly accounts and ensure they are completed and provided to management (FC/CFO) in a timely manner for review.
- Review BSP Life Group's monthly management reports and quarterly board reports and ensure it is provided to management (FC/CFO) for review.
- Ensure monthly consolidation for BSP Life Group and other monthly head office reports are submitted within the set time frame.
- Manage general ledger reconciliations and ensure they are done on a monthly basis to minimise write-offs. Compile outstanding issues for escalation to Operational Risk and higher management (FC/CFO).
- Initiate Cost Conscious Culture across the company and ensure Cost Conscious (Expense) Analysis Reports to stakeholders are provided on a timely basis. Also ensure monthly meetings are conducted to assist departments with their queries.
- Manage External and Internal Audit and review consolidated financial accounts annually and half yearly and ensure they are in compliance with international standards and other regulations.
- Review quarterly/annual returns and other disclosures to RBF for BSP Life Group in a timely manner.
- Manage annual budgets and forecasts for BSP Life group on a timely basis.
- Manage tax returns for the Group and handle taxation matters to ensure returns are lodged with FRCA on a timely basis.
- Manage BSP Life's fixed assets register to ensure records are properly recorded and reported to the management of the Group.
- Manage all general insurance matters for BSP Life Group. This involves liaising with brokers, arranging renewals, assistance with submitting claims through brokers and act as central resource point for all enquiries.
- Manage the overall Accounting Operations function to ensure (but not limited to) invoices being approved within delegated authority limit (DLA), payments are properly authorized and transacted correctly, creditor reconciliations are properly conducted and all statutory payments are done on time.
- Develop high-quality work procedures and understanding of the business units.
- Manage company's chart of accounts and general ledger accounts for BSP Life Group.
- Perform any ad hoc task assigned by the Financial Controller or the Chief Financial Officer.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- A Degree in Accounting and/or Financial Management with at least 4 years relevant practical experience in preparing financial reports to International Accounting standards and Companies Act;
- Member of FIA, CPA Australia or other internationally recognised accounting body;
- Intermediate technical skills in Industry Knowledge;
- Intermediate Numeracy /Financial technical skills;
- Intermediate technical skills in Compliance/Legislation;
- Demonstrates leadership and foster collaborative team approach - interacts well with front line and management providing consultation and expert advice on technical accounting or tax issues;
- Good planning skills, time management and organizing ability;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience in using Sun System software will be an advantage.
This is a demanding yet satisfying role within a growing organization and an appropriate salary package will be negotiated to secure a high caliber candidate.
Applications including detailed CVs should be marked addressed as follows:-
"Manager Finance & Accounting Operations"
The Head of Human Resources
BSP Life (Fiji) Limited
Level 7 BSP Life Centre
Private Mail Bag
Applications may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 31 March 2017.