Applications are invited from qualified, dedicated and experienced personnel for this senior investments position reporting to the General Manager Investments and based at level 6, BSP Life Centre, 5 Thomson Street, Suva. BSP Life seeks a dynamic individual that will display skills necessary to assume a more senior role within the BSP group in the future.
As Head of Investments - Equities and Fixed Interest, you will be directly responsible for the management of all investments under these portfolios, as well as the management of departments and staff. You will also assist the General Manager Investments with the management of the whole investment division, the delivery of required returns in line with the company's plans, investment mandates, policies and procedures.
- Lead the Investment - Equities and Fixed Interest - team's strategic and tactical planning in consultation with the GM Investments to achieve departmental and divisional goals, Shareholder and Policyholders investment return expectations.
- Assessment of the performance of various asset classes in line with approved investment guidelines and international benchmarks.
- Identify investment opportunities and make the necessary recommendations as well as marketing and promoting to the target market.
- Deliver results as required under approved divisional business and strategic plans.
- Prepare required Executive and Board reports to support well informed decisions.
- Monitor and maintain application of and compliance with policy and procedure.
- Support and provide feedback to GM Investments on the application of processes and recommendations for improvements.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external and internal customers.
- Represent BSP Life on Boards where there is substantial shareholding interest.
10. Manage the recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all Investment - Equities and Fixed Interest staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and the company's recruitment & selection policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Business, Finance or related field. A post graduate qualification in a business field will be an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar senior level management role.
- Advanced technical Financial and Investment analysis skills.
- Good Technical Skills in People Management and relationship management.
- Intermediate Technical Skills in Risk Management.
- Basic Technical Skills in Compliance/Legislation.
- Good knowledge of local investment market and financial services as well as investment risk management and competitors' activities.
- Good knowledge of offshore investment products.
- Successful management of a business will be an added advantage.
- Customer Focus
- Building Relationships
- Commercial Awareness
- Strategic Thinking / Innovation
This is a key executive position. An excellent remuneration package, which is negotiable, will be offered to the successful candidate commensurate with his/her knowledge, skills and experience.
Applications including detailed CVs should be marked and addressed as follows:-
"Head of Investments"
The Head of Human Resources
BSP Life (Fiji) Limited
Level 7 BSP Life Centre
Private Mail Bag
Applications may also be emailed to email@example.com
Applications close at 4pm on Friday, 8 September 2017.