BSP Life provides excellent career opportunities and competitive remuneration packages and is committed to continuous training and development of staff.
If you feel it is time for a new and exciting challenge and have a desire to grow and assume an executive position, come join BSP Life.
We are looking for a dedicated, focused and experienced:
HEAD OF INVESTMENTS
Applications are invited from qualified and experienced personnel for this very senior investments position reporting to the General Manager Investments and based at BSP Life Centre, Suva. BSP Life seeks a dynamic individual that will display skills necessary to assume a more senior role within the BSP group in the future.
As Head of Investments - Equities and Fixed Interest, you will be directly responsible for the management of all investments under these portfolios, as well as the management of departments and staff. You will also assist the General Manager Investments with the management of the whole investment division which includes properties and property developments, the delivery of required returns in line with the company's plans, investment mandates, policies and procedures.
- Lead the Investment - Equities and Fixed Interest - team's strategic and tactical planning in consultation with the GM Investments to achieve departmental and divisional goals, Shareholder and Policyholders investment return expectations.
- Assessment of the performance of various asset classes in line with approved investment guidelines and international benchmarks.
- Identify investment opportunities and make the necessary recommendations as well as marketing and promoting to the target market.
- Deliver results as required under approved divisional business and strategic plans.
- Prepare required Executive and Board reports to support well informed decisions.
- Monitor and maintain application of and compliance with policy and procedure.
- Support and provide feedback to GM Investments on the application of processes and recommendations for improvements.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external and internal customers.
- Represent BSP Life on Boards where there is substantial shareholding interest.
10. Manage the recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all Investment - Equities and Fixed Interest staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and the company's recruitment & selection policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Business, Finance or related field. A post graduate qualification in a business field will be an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar senior level management role.
- Advanced technical Financial and Investment analysis skills.
- Good Technical Skills in People Management and relationship management.
- Intermediate Technical Skills in Risk Management.
- Basic Technical Skills in Compliance/Legislation.
- Good knowledge of local investment market and financial services as well as investment risk management and competitors' activities.
- Good knowledge of offshore investment products.
- Successful management of a business will be an added advantage.
This is a senior position within BSP Life. An excellent remuneration package including provision of a motor vehicle, will be offered to the successful candidate commensurate with his/her knowledge, skills and experience.
Applications including detailed CVs should be marked and addressed as follows:-
"Head of Investments"
The Managing Director
BSP Life (Fiji) Limited
Level 7 BSP Life Centre
Private Mail Bag
Applications may also be emailed to MDBSPLife@bsplife.com.fj
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 6 July 2018.