Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced staff for the above position reporting to the Head of IT based at Level 5 BSP Life Centre.
The IT Help Desk Technician will provide IT solutions to the business logging and tracking of user requests, attending to IT issues, recommending solutions, dealing with IT vendors so as to effectively carry out their business functions daily
- Provide help desk support with logging and assigning of all IT issues, incidents and requests. Follow up and provide updates to customers
- Provide remote assistance to users on the phone for email setup, printer setups, password reset and domain lock out.
- Administer asset borrowing register and follow up on all IT equipment borrowed with users.
- Configure, deploy and provide general preventative maintenance of printers, copiers, scanners and multi-function unit issues. Attend to unit issues, faults and fixes.
- Configure and deploy desktops and laptops. Attend to desktop and laptop issues, faults, fixes and hardware upgrade.
- Administer Managed Environment updates, desktop and laptop rebuilds, patch deployment and application updates or rollouts.
- Attend to issues on landlines, mobiles (Digicel), PABX/VoIP, Internet modems and faxes. Administer stock for company mobiles, credit limits, connectivity issues and billing/accounts.
- Provide administrative support for desktop/ laptop with vendors or suppliers. Procure new stock of mobiles and ensure sufficient supply of spare parts and pool/relief units is available. Update and maintain asset register of new assets and decommission/ disposal of old., defunct and faulty assets.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma in IT/Electronics or tertiary qualified in Computer Application/ Hardware/Networking support or other related fields.
- 3 years' relevant work experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work within timelines unsupervised
- Strong customer service ethics.
- Ability to "think outside the box" and possess a "can do attitude".
- Good knowledge of Microsoft products (Windows O/S and Office), and other common applications such as Adobe, McAfee etc.
- Good understanding of networking, communication and telephony
- Good analytical skills
- Motivated, proactive and demonstrated ability to use initiative.
- Must have aptitude to identify key issues and provide appropriate recommendation and solution to management.
- Advanced Technical Skills in Computing/IT
- Advanced Technical Skills in Office Equipment
- Intermediate Technical Skills in Project Management
- Customer Centricity
- Quality Focus
- Planning & Organising
- Commercial Awareness
- Commitment to Learning
Have a sound understanding and application of BSP Life's Values.
This is a demanding yet satisfying role within a growing organisation and an appropriate remuneration package will be negotiated to secure a high calibre candidate.
Applications including detailed CVs, transcripts and references should be marked addressed as follows:-
"IT Help Desk Technician"
The Head of Human Resources
BSP Life (Fiji) Limited
Level 7 BSP Life Centre
Private Mail Bag
Applications close at 4:00pm on Wednesday 7 August 2019.