Product Development Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for the above position reporting to the Manager Product Development and based at Level 5 BSP Life Centre, Thomson Street, Suva.
The key purpose of this role is to assist the Manager Product Development in the design, management, development and improvement of all aspects of product development to ensure continued compliance in accordance with legislative requirements and BSP Life's Vision, Mission and Values.
- Active involvement in the Product Development process.
- Assist in determining the product vision, positioning and direction.
- Assist in identifying new opportunities, service improvements, pricing and profitability of the product.
- Assist in identifying product enhancements and strategies.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and ensuring the overall achievement of product objectives.
- Product reporting and management.
- Analyse market trends, share and sales performance.
- Analyse customer profiling.
- Competitor analysis and other research information.
- Any other duties that may be required by or delegated by the Manager Product Development from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- A Degree in Marketing, Economics, Mathematics, Business Administration or a related discipline with a minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar position.
- General understanding of life and medical insurance products and competitor activity.
- Analytical, data mining, documentation skills.
- Proficient in Oral & Written English.
- Basic skills in Compliance/Legislation.
- Intermediate skills in Computing/Information Technology.
- Intermediate skills in Industry Knowledge.
- Intermediate skills in Numeracy/Finance.
- Intermediate skills in Project Management.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think conceptually.
- Commitment to quality and superior service delivery.
- Professional and result oriented with ability to work without any supervision and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Loyal and willing to walk the extra mile.
- Good planning, time management and organizing ability.
- Self-motivated, proactive, logical thinker.
- Efficient with an eye for detail.
- Must have the ability to identify key issues and provide appropriate recommendation and solution to the business.
- Customer Focus
- Building Rapport
- Results Orientation
- Quality Orientation
This is a demanding yet satisfying role within a growing organization and an appropriate salary package will be negotiated to secure a high caliber candidate.
Applications including detailed CVs should be marked addressed as follows:-
"Product Development Officer"
The Head of Human Resources
BSP Life (Fiji) Limited
Level 7 BSP Life Centre
Private Mail Bag
Applications may also be emailed to email@example.com
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 23 March 2018.