Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for the above position reporting to the Head of Projects based at Level 5 BSP Life Centre, Thomson Street, Suva.
The key functions of the role are to:
- Prepare concept designs and 3 D modelling and animation to assist Business Units in their decision regarding any proposed office fit out.
- Prepare drawing documentations and tender for small to medium size projects.
- Prepare cost estimates for proposed works.
- Assist in the supervision and management of all projects.
- Preparation of cost effective design solutions that meet Business Unit requirements.
- Ensure designs meet the requirements of the Public Health Act and other related Legislations.
- Preparation of drawing documentations with very clear details and specifications to minimise ambiguity and variations.
- Ensure that tenders and contractor appointments process are transparent and are in line with BSP Life process.
- Ensure that development process strictly adhere to the requirements of the Local and Statutory authorities.
- Ensure project documents in hard and soft copies are filed in a systematic way to enable ease of retrieving project information
- Liaise with Local Authorities and Statutory Authorities on issues regarding project approval and arising issues to minimise project delays.
- Review and value add 3rd party designs and documentations to ensure best outcome for BSP Life.
- Coordinate various parties involve in a project to ensure timely delivery of projects
- Prepare a Risk Management Plan for each project.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered within budget, time and to the expected quality
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Architecture or any Building related field from a recognised institution with 3 years' experience in a similar role or Diploma in Architecture or any Building related field from a recognised institution with 5 years' experience in a similar role.
- Proficient in CADD including 3D modelling and animation.
- Able to produce quality drawing documentations using Vectorworks or other architectural/design programmes
- Knowledge of contract administration.
- Able to control, supervise and monitor the performance of contractors and consultants.
- Experience in risk management.
- Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project.
This is a demanding yet satisfying role within a growing organization and an appropriate salary package will be negotiated to secure a high caliber candidate.
Applications including detailed CVs and transcripts should be marked addressed as follows:-
The Head of Human Resources
BSP Life (Fiji) Limited
Level 7BSP Life Centre
Private Mail Bag
Applications may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 8th June 2018.