Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for the above position reporting to the Assistant Manager Finance and based at Level 6 BSP Life Centre, Thomson Street, Suva.
This person will support the Assistant Manager Finance in carrying out the financial reporting function for BSP Life (Fiji) Limited and BSP Health Care (Fiji) Limited including preparation of consolidated financial accounts, driving annual company budgets, performing General Ledger Reconciliations, doing statutory reporting, detailed expenditure analyses & reporting and management of the Fixed Asset Register.
- Ensure BSP Life Group's monthly accounts are completed and provided to management in a timely manner for review and issuing of performance reports for business units, management reporting for EXCO, BSP PNG and statutory reporting to RBF.
- Prepare BSP Life Group's monthly management reports, quarterly board reports and statutory reporting to Reserve Bank of Fiji. Also prepare reports for BSP PNG.
- Ensure assigned GL reconciliations are done on a monthly basis to minimize write-offs.
- Review and assist with Expense Analysis for assigned cost centers and provide reports to stakeholders on a timely basis. Also ensure monthly meetings are conducted to assist departments with their queries. Initiate Cost Conscious Culture across the company.
- Prepare half yearly and annual financial statements for BSP Life Group within the set time frame and ensure they are in compliance with International Accounting standards and other regulations.
- Assist with half year and annual reviews by External Auditors and also assist to prepare the consolidated financial accounts annually/half yearly and ensure they are in compliance with international standards and other regulations.
- Prepare monthly consolidation for BSP Life Group and other monthly head office reports within the set time frame.
- Prepare quarterly, annual returns and other disclosures to RBF for BSP Life Group in a timely manner.
- Prepare annual budgets for BSP Life Group on a timely basis. Also prepare forecasts each quarter or as directed by higher management.
- Prepare tax returns for the Group and handle taxation matters to ensure returns are lodged with FRCA on a timely basis.
- Ensure appropriate management of BSP Life's Fixed Assets Register to ensure records are properly recorded and reported to the Management of the Group.
- Conduct monthly data integrity meetings with respective departments to discuss on issues relating to reconciliations and business issues.
- Assist in developing high-quality work procedures and understanding of the business units.
- Assist in the management of the company's chart of accounts and general ledger accounts for BSP Life Group.
- Undertake the 'Administrator' functions of Sun System and Vision which involves ensuring that all system controls are always in place and ensuring that planned data interfaces are carried out for the Insurance businesses.
- Ensuring IT System Project Initiatives are Completed successfully. These projects involve systems related upgrades from IT which impact some or all Systems used by Finance.
- Coordinate all general insurance matters for the BSPL Group. This involves liaising with brokers, arranging renewals, assistance with submitting claims through brokers and act as central resource point for all enquiries.
- Assist in any ad hoc task assigned by the Assistant Manager Finance, Manager Finance & Accounting Operations, Financial Controller or the Chief Financial Officer.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- A Degree in Accounting and/or Finance with at least 3 years relevant practical experience in preparing financial reports to International Accounting standards and Companies Act and Management;
- Member of FIA or other internationally recognised accounting body;
- Intermediate technical skills in Industry Knowledge;
- Intermediate Numeracy /Financial technical skills;
- Intermediate technical skills in Compliance/Legislation;
- Good planning skills, time management and organizing ability;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This is a demanding yet satisfying role within a growing organization and an appropriate salary package will be negotiated to secure a high caliber candidate.
Applications including detailed CVs and transcripts should be marked addressed as follows:-
"Senior Accountant - Financial Reporting"
The Head of Human Resources
BSP Life (Fiji) Limited
Level 7 BSP Life Centre
Private Mail Bag
Applications may also be emailed to email@example.com
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 16 February 2018.