Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced staff for the above position reporting to the Head of Investments in the Investment Division based at Level 5 BSP Life Centre, Thomson Street, Suva.
The key function of the role is to provide investment and risk analysis of Equities, Fixed Interest Securities, Term Deposits, Properties and Cash to enable effective management of BSP Life (Fiji) Limited and BSP HealthCare Limited Portfolios as well as to achieve the required returns and compliance with the companies' investment mandates, policies and procedures.
- Analyse Equities, Fixed Interest Securities, Term Deposits, Properties and other investment asset;
- Implement the acquisition or sale of Equities, Fixed Interests and Term Deposits;
- Manage the cash position of the BSP Life and BSP Health Care portfolio's so that cash is managed effectively by monitoring cash balances, investing excess funds, managing liquidity and monthly cashflow forecast;
- Provide assistance to Head of Investments in the analysis and management of the BSP Life and BSP HealthCare portfolio by monitoring performance and reporting, analysing effect of economic variable on performance, forecasting performance, devising strategies to improve performance and monitoring and forecasting mandate breaches;
- Meet all internal and external compliance issues such as the Insurance Act and BSP Life's policies and procedures.
- Preparation of EXCO and ALCO papers and any other work assigned by the Head of Investments.
- To achieve the required returns and compliance to the companies' investment mandates, policies and procedures.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by the Head of Investments.
Knowledge and Skills and Qualifications
- Tertiary qualified in Management, Accounting or Business with at least three years' experience in investments or business.
- Understanding of the economy, interest rates and relevant industries.
- Some knowledge of Fixed Interest or Equities.
- Detailed analytical thinking, applied analysis and good research skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills including good command of verbal and written English.
- Strong customer focus and excellent time management skills.
- Customer "Centricity"
- Quality Focus
- Planning & Organising
- Commercial Awareness
- Commitment to Learning
This is a demanding yet satisfying role within a growing organization and an appropriate salary package will be negotiated to secure a high caliber candidate.
Applications including detailed CVs and transcripts should be marked addressed as follows:-
"Senior Investment Analyst"
The Head of Human Resources
BSP Life (Fiji) Limited
Level 7BSP Life Centre
Private Mail Bag
Applications may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 9 November 2018.