Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for the above position reporting to the Head of Projects based at Level 5 BSP Life Centre, Thomson Street, Suva.
The Senior Projects Administrator will provide architectural and design services for office fit outs, refurbishment works and development proposals including preparation of concept plans, specifications and drawings and to ensure the effective and timely delivery of best value services that comply with statutory and design requirements.
- Develop concept plans, 3D modelling and animation for internal customer's review on fit outs, relocation, new development and other business needs.
- Provide budget estimate for proposed projects.
- Develop working drawings and other documentation for approved projects to industry standard for statutory approval and tender process
- Maintain the Project team's databases to be fully updated in respect of work undertaken.
- Consult and liaise with internal and external parties on projects and initiatives. Maintaining close liaison with external parties such as the company's architects on planning, methods of construction and general documentation for fit-outs and refurbishments, to ensure all works are completed to program and budget.
- Conduct or attend regular site meetings with consultants and contractors to resolve problems and to also monitor progress and track budget expenditure throughout the various project stages.
- Consult with local statutory authorities for obtaining building permits and completion certificates for all Projects.
- Ensure that all on-site works are carried out in accordance with recognised trade and acceptable building practices and that all relevant legislation including the Building Act, Health and Safety in Employment Act and Health & Safety Regulations are duly satisfied. Monitoring of staff and contractors' OHS compliance measures included.
- Assist in maintaining & enhancing the company's image & local profile plan and co-ordinate new fit-outs, refurbishments, special projects and signage to ensure the company's reputational, corporate and ethical image is preserved or enhanced within agreed standards, budgets and time frames.
- Represent BSP Life during Projects meeting and other meetings internally and externally
- Ensure project documents in hard and soft copies are filed in a systematic way to enable ease of retrieving project information
- Assist in managing the quality of all deliverables and resolving problems within the project to facilitate the resolution of problems and obstacles met during the project design and construction stages by using imagination and innovation in interpreting designs or by using external advice where required.
- Manage projects to ensure key deliverables namely budget, timeline and quality are achieved in all projects.
- Provide report updates on project progress to EXCO and Board as and when required
Candidates must have the following attributes:
- Degree in Architecture or any Building related field from a recognised institution with 3 years' experience in a similar role or Diploma in Architecture or any Building related field from a recognised institution with 5 years' experience in a similar role.
- Proficient in CADD including 3D drawing, rendering and animation
- Proficient in drawing documentation
- Proficient in contract administration
- Very good understanding of industry practice and building code requirements.
- Very good understanding of the various types of construction methodologies practiced locally
- Very good understanding of the various types of construction and building materials used locally
- Advance skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel & Project).
- Basic financial and accounting knowledge.
- Proficient in planning and negotiation.
- Customer "Centricity"
- Quality Focus
- Planning & Organising
- Commercial Awareness
- Commitment to Learning
These are demanding yet satisfying roles within a growing organisation and an appropriate remuneration package will be negotiated to secure a high calibre candidate.
Applications including a detailed CV with referees and university transcripts only should be marked correctly and sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday 6 September 2019 and only shortlisted candidates will receive notification.