Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced staff for the above position reporting to the General Manager Investments in the Investments Division based at Level 6 BSP Life Centre, 5 Thomson Street, Suva.
The key function of the job is to assist and support the Investments Division with their accounting and financial reporting functions and to be responsible for delivering services to achieve BSP Life's overall financial goals.
- Lead and manage all the accounting/finance functions of the Division.
- Assist with the preparation and review of the Division's board report, monthly EXCO Pack, Expense Analysis, Properties Performance Report and other financial and management reporting of the Division.
- Ensure the timely completion of the Division's reconciliations in compliance with the reconciliation framework and review.
- Ensure that the Division's database is maintained for recording and reporting of relevant information.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place to manage risks.
- Monitor, review, evaluate and manage the performance of direct reports through the provision of feedback on performance and implementation of performance associated coaching.
- Monitor staff development needs and provide relevant development opportunities.
- Effectively manage the Timberline System.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by the General Manager Investments.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- A Degree in Accounting or a related discipline is essential with at least two years experience in a related financial/accounting role at management level.
- Sound knowledge of Investment & Property Accounting, knowledge of Timberline and Sun Systems would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical thinking and planning/organising ability.
- Computer knowledge with good MS Office skills, especially excel.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills including good command of verbal and written English.
- Strong customer focus and excellent time management skills.
This is a demanding yet satisfying role within a growing organization and an appropriate salary package will be negotiated to secure a high caliber candidate.
Applications including detailed CVs should be marked addressed as follows:-
"Manager Investment Accounting"
The Head of Human Resources
BSP Life (Fiji) Limited
Level 7 BSP Life Centre
Private Mail Bag
Applications may also be emailed to email@example.com
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 11 August 2017.